Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ooops, I did it again (Shopped for Baby Girl Clothes)!

As you know we are expecting baby #2 in October. My husband and I decided with our first not to find out the gender and we are choosing to not find out with the new baby as well!

My 21 week ultrasound is next week and as I find myself urging to stock up on baby gear like when I was pregnant with #1, I find we already have all the things we would need for new baby (besides the crib). How do I solve this little "dilemma"?

I shop for GIRL things. Again, am I going to find out if I am having a girl? No.

I figure, if we do have a girl it is way more fun for me to get the good deals now instead of doing a full price Target run after the baby is born. Is it a money thing? Kind of. But is it really just a fun way for me to get the nesting urge satisfied? Oh, yes.

And if we don't have a girl this time around hopefully we will have a girl someday. And if we don't I am not going to cry over the $.10 pink receiving blankets I picked up today. I am going to cry over not ever getting a girl.

Click for the big picture:

SLP Community Garage Sale Event Part 1 (Why Part 1? Cuz' I'm not done!)

1. 3 Pink Baby Receiving Blankets $.30/3 (similar $9.99 Target, here)

2. Pink Baby Towels $1.75/2 (similar $11.99 Toys R' Us, here)

3. Pink & White Minky Dot/Satin Baby Blanket $1 (similar $24 Baby Bedding Town, here)

4. Baby Monitor (for trips this Summer & weekends in Rochester) $5 (exactly $16.09 Target, here)

5. Big Elmo Book $.50 (similar $4.99 Target, here)

6. Children's Place Plaid Shorts 24 Months $.50(similar $9.99 Children's Place, here)

7. Circo Boat Shoes Size 5 $1 (exactly $9.99 Target, here)

Estimated Online Cost: $87.04
Total Spent: $10.05

Plus, two stunning vintage necklaces! My gal pal & our sons went out garage saling for a few hours then out to lunch! I love walking, shopping & gossiping...and eating.

In other news, I wrote a little spot on High Plains Thrifter about thrifting with kids! Check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from buying these sweet little things either, doll!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what cute things! It's so much easier in my opinion to shop for girls! much more variety!

    http://artofbeingcool.blogspot.com/ (show my feature of the day some love!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute little things! I have a younger cousin, and i hoped it was a girl just so that i could swamp it in cute girly things! He was a boy. But i still swamp him in presents and toys!

    I wish you and baby No2 luck! <3



    http://oliviatheenglishrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally shopped for girl things before I found out I was having a girl. It's just so hard to resist those adorable things!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...