Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thrift Store Glassware & DIY Table Decorations

I have been looking for colored glass for James' Baptism party at the end of the month! It is so hard to find at a reasonable price, I have decided to buy dollar store vases and paint them with transulcent spray paint. If I can find it in the right color, that is.

I did have some luck finding a plethera of vases at my local thrift store. But they cost anywhere from $1.99-$12.99 (really? $13 bucks for a donated vase?? ok.) and that is out of my decorations budget.


Local thrift store glass.


Here are is my inspiration for the vases and flower arangements for our 8+ tables:

Photo Credit // Stephanie Williams Photography

Because I need quite a few flowers but not enough to order in advance, I am hoping to luck out with buying the flowers a day or two before the party. Hopefully, they will have what I am looking for.

2 comments:

  1. have you checked a dollar store or thrift store for glasses or jars? if they're heavy enough they can double as vases! good luck with the decorating!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have seen this before. We get so many leftover vases from funerals and weddings at the church we just end up throwing them out. Darn!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...