Monday, June 11, 2012

Speed Read Finds

I got rid of my coffee table after David was born. It seemed like an extra four corners to worry about and it only seemed to house piles of crap and magazines I would never read. However, this week I do have a nice stack of magazines next to my chair.

I am not a huge magazine reader. I seem to never get through an article. I just speed through the pages glancing at pictures and picking up a tidbit here and there about an enticing product.

Here are a few of my speed read finds this week:

Midwest Home features Peck and Anderson's poolside cabana. This "entertainment oasis" is from a remodeled home in Highland Park. I love the idea of having the indoor your outdoor.


Photo Credit // Todd Buchanan

Spaces magazine, in the article "Shades of style" by Nancy Ngo, features design guru Jonathan Adler and his flair for geometric design with pops of bright color. A Jonathan Adler boutique just opened on Lake Street and I could see my entire house themed after his designs. Also to mention, Jonathan has a Jonathan Adler Junior section on his website and designed a pattern for my favorite Skip Hop diaper bag.

Photo Credit // Ngoc Minh Ngo

Squished in the page binding and hard to spot, Mpls.St.Paul Magazine mentioned an inexpensive sweet little dress by BB Dakota. The site has great sales, free shipping and 10% off when you subscribe to their e-mails.

Photo Credit // BB Dakota
Photo Credit // BB Dakota

It seems like magazines would be having a tough time competing with the Internet. However, I kind of enjoy the randomness that comes with flipping the pages.

Just don't expect me to start reading ESPN mag or anything. I save that for my husband.

1 comment:

  1. i love magazines, but read them just like you. unless it's a picture-heavy gossip mag, then i read every page! sad, I know.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...