Saturday, January 14, 2012

What's for Dinner? Cheeseburger Pie


Photo Credit // bettycrocker.com

You know how your Mom always seems to make that perfect meal that is satisfying and tasty without trying too hard? That meal for me is my Mom's cheeseburger pie. She would tell me after I married you could find it on the back of the Bisquick box...sorry Mom, cat's out of the bag.

I wouldn't even make my own cheeseburger pie until after the birth of our second child. And why?

The little guy came a few days late and I had completely emptied our pre-stocked fridge for after baby. I had my Mom go to the grocery store with a detailed list of all the things I needed. We shop at the same grocery store and I remember explaining the route she should take, "head down the ethnic food aisle and 3/4 off the way down you will find the Szechuan Asian Noodles I pair with my pork chops. From there you can turn round the corner and head down Italian for my spaghetti sauce & pepperoni." My Mom was probably like...oooookkkaaayyyy. But, being amazing, she picked up everything I needed plus a few bonus items like French toast sticks for David & Bisquick for me.

Bisquick is one of those universal easy ingredients, like flour, you can throw into and use on its own to create a multitude of meals. Pancakes? Yes. Waffles? Yes. Rolls? Yes.

Even better? Pot pie crust and its brother, cheeseburger pie!

Recipie via BettyCorcker.com:

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt     
                                       
1  cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
2  eggs
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Brown beef with onion (I added a little onion and garlic powder) and place in greased pie plate. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over meat. Sprinkle extra cheese (I also added bacon bits!)on top of mixture. Cook for 25 minutes and let rest 5 minutes.

I paired with meal with beer bread and a salad.

What I like most about cheeseburger pie is it is filling without the carb load. The meal is so protein packed with beef and egg and the Bisquick it so light as it sticks everything together!

What's for dinner at your house? Have you tried cheeseburger pie lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...