Thursday, January 9, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with BBQ




A few months ago my mom "gifted" me a pack of frozen chicken thighs. At the time, I wasn't sure I could use them, but I just can't turn down a pack of meat!

I searched for a few recipes on Pinterest and found the easiest one I could find with my limited pantry this week.

The chicken thighs are extremely easy to work with and cook a lot faster than chicken breasts. They also have a great, tender consistency for being pulled apart.

Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with BBQ
1 Family Pack Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (8-10 Pieces)
Season Salt
1 Cup BBQ

  1. Rinse and trim fat from chicken.
  2. Place chicken on cookie sheet and dust both sides of chicken with season salt.
  3. Broil chicken for 8-10 minutes.
  4. Remove chicken from oven and place in crock pot on high.
  5. Pour 1 Cup BBQ Over Chicken.
  6. Cook for 3 hours.
  7. Do not overcook.
  8. After 3 hours, pull apart chicken with tongs.
  9. Keep chicken on warm and refrigerate leftovers.

Serving Idea
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with BBQ
Hoagie Buns
Cheese
Raw Onion
Butter

  1. Slice buns.
  2. Spread butter on both sides.
  3. Place cheese on one side of bun.
  4. Broil 2-4 minutes.
  5. Remove buns from oven.
  6. Plate with crock pot chicken and raw onion.


Supper around here really doesn't get much easier than that!
Do you have a go-to chicken thigh recipe you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...