Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken


Crockpot chicken is one of my favorite meals to make lately. The crockpot really comes in handy for my family and I. Pete most often gets home at 7 with the kids hungry at 6 and I like to eat dinner when I get home from my run. The crockpot is an easy way to feed the whole family and only have to cook once! Also, there is usually enough leftovers to put a spin on for the next night, too!

I have been getting tired of the usual beef roasts and have ventured to chicken in the crockpot recipes. Here is my latest find via Living Rich with Coupons:

Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken

2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts Frozen (approx 4)
3 Garlic Cloves - Chopped (I used 1.5 T minced garlic)
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/3 Cup Honey
1 tsp dried basil or fresh basil

Combine ingredients and pour over chicken breasts in crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours.

These chicken breasts are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. After the chicken was done (I was sure the temperature of the chicken was 160 or higher. Mine were at 180 after 4 hours.), I removed them from the crockpot with tongs, sliced them with an electric knife, and topped them with shredded cheese and leftover bacon. I then broiled them on high in the oven for a few minutes till the cheese was melted and bacon was sizzling.

Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken


I removed the chicken from the hot pan with a spatula and served them with warm mashed potatoes and cold sour cream. A delicious, delicious supper.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds so very good, going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks yummy! I'm putting it on my grocery list, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so doing this tonight :) looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made it today and it was fabulous! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made this several times, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would it be ok if the chicken was frozen?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh heavens, what did I do wrong? Mine was too too salty. I loved how easy it was, but it was just too salty. Next time I'm going to cut way way back on the soy. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made this tonight. Even my picky eater LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made this tonight. Even my picky eater LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delicious. But I don't like things like ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. Can you tell there is ketchup in the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Raw chicken, cooked on a low setting. Cooking is done in 4-6 hours. Do not fill the slow cooker with ingredients. The more sauce in the pot and the fewer pieces of chicken, the shorter the time.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...