Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Crock-pot Chicken Tacos

I saw this recipe for Crock-pot Chicken Tacos online yesterday morning on Pinterest. As I scrolled through the ingredients, I realized I had almost everything already in my pantry. With a little editing, this was the easiest crock-pot dinner (or any dinner) I have ever made. And healthy. And delicious. Did I mention it was easy??



Crock-pot Chicken Tacos
2 lb FROZEN chicken
1 can chicken stock
1/2 cup taco seasoning* (or 1-2 packets)
1/4 cup ranch seasoning* (or 1-2 packets)
Chopped onion
Chopped pepper

*I buy these seasonings (in addition to Lawry's and brown gravy mix) in bulk from Sam's Club. They are so great to have on hand.

I placed the ingredients in the crockpot in the following order: chicken, stock, seasonings, veggies. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. I turned the chicken a few times in that time span but I was home to do so. Check temp of chicken to read 160 degrees or higher. Remove chicken from crock-pot and shred. Return to crock pot for 45 minutes to soak up all the juices and seasonings.

To make tacos I placed warm chicken in soft shell tortilla with:
Cheese
Black beans
Sour cream
Tomato
Crunch tortilla Strips

Whatever you have in your cupboard or fridge would be a go with these chicken tacos! Maybe you have salsa, refried beans and rice. Just like any taco night, I look for any veggies or sides I think I could throw in.

What did you make for dinner last night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...