Sunday, March 3, 2013

Crock Pot Potato Soup for Two and a Top Sirloin Marinade

Here are two super easy recipes I used for our supper tonight! On the menu? Top sirloin steak sandwiches and homemade potato soup.

I had a 2 lb top sirloin in the freezer and wanted to serve it on bread since it was a cheap cut. I decided to soak the steak in a good marinade for a few hours to enhance the flavor! I was really happy with the results.

I halved the recipe I found via All Recipes. I had plenty of marinade for the steaks with a 1/4 or so of waste. I suggest using my recipe if you are using a similar sized cut of steak or have smaller steaks still equalling 2 lbs, or so.



Top Sirloin Marinade
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)



1. Peel & dice potatoes, layer on bottom of crock pot.
2. Add in onion, garlic & sprinkle seasonings evenly.
3. Pour in broth, cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours; the potatoes should be 'fork tender'.
4. Use an immersion blender or hand mixer to mash up potatoes until it reaches a thick, even consistency.
5. Add in sour cream, bacon, corn, cheese and stir until melted.
6.  Top with your choice of toppings!
 
I garnished our potato soup with some more cheese, crumbled bacon, and also added French's fried onions for a little crunch.
 
I had such a nice little Sunday night dinner with my little family. The soup and sandwiches were the perfect combination of food. I just love putting new spins on foods I familiar with, like steak. I also really enjoy trying something new! Especially, if I can get my husband to eat it and like it.
 

Did you do anything different for supper tonight?


1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! Am going to try both. Excellent ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment to my blog posts! Thank you!.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...